Monday, December 5, 2011

PB Inspired Desk Reveal

Hey y'all!  If you like this PB Inspired Desk, then you will love our Beach House Remodel.  Life is good!

Please visit our progress at  
House Envy* The Beach House
and let us know what you think. 
 
 

The Pottery Barn Teen Chelsea desk. 
Love it! 
The $1000 price tag---not so much.

After browsing through the furniture finds on Craigslist one day, I found this solid maple desk with similar lines and bought it for a cool 30 bucks.  Not bad, right?




I sanded the entire desk using a 120 grit sandpaper and then applied a spray primer.  After allowing this to dry for 24 hrs, I began applying my paint using a sponge roller.  I chose a Behr color in a satin finish for this project called Pillar White. 
I love the grayish undertones and way it reflects the light.  After several thin layers had been applied and dried, I gave this guy a nice coat of clear (non-yellowing) poly. 


Here is the finished result!



 (yes, the pictures on the wall look crooked.) 



 I replaced the old hardware with fresh new pulls and knobs in an
Oil Rubbed Bronze finish. 










...and what desk makeover would be complete without the
"before and after" shot! 













 Thank you for checking it out!


9 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I would love for you to link up to my new party, Monday Myriad Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect! who needs pb for anything but ideas, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent - and you saved SOOO much! (And really - that PB stuff isn't as high of quality as you would think anyway...)

    Great job!

    Sara (visiting from Tip Me Tuesday)
    www.TheOtherEndOfTheCandle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic transformation....I like yours better, especially the price. I'm a new follower, so I don't miss a thing. I found you on Tip me Tuesday. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I saw your post on a linky party and I just had to stop by and tell you how adorable this was! Thank you so much for sharing! I am now your newest follower from www.sweetenedbykagi.blogspot.com and I hope you will follow me too! I look forward to your future blog posts :)

    Kagi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great Craig's List find! And I really like how you redid the desk. Beautiful!

    Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jackie, what a beautiful job you did on the desk from Craig's List. I think yours is almost as gorgeous as the one you mentioned from The Pottery Barn. You are so clever. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your version of the PB teen desk. You did a really awesome job. I found you via Remodelaholic where you were featured today. I had to stop by and check out the rest of your blog. I am your latest follower. Hope you will stop by and consider following me back. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete